Joomla is a one-click installation on the cPanel.
To Install Joomla using the Softaculous script installer:
- Log in to your Cyclone Hosting CPanel.
- Select 'Softaculous' from the 'Software / Services' section.
- Find the section in Softaculous called 'Portals/CMS' and select 'Joomla'. A Joomla information page will load on the right portion of the screen.
- An install option can be found in the top right hand of the Joomla information page.
- Fill out the installation form as follows:
- Choose Protocol : This option allows you to choose the protocol that shows on the address bar of individual's browsers.
- Choose Domain : This drop down menu includes all domain names and sub-domain names that are on the account. Choose from this drop down menu the domain name where you wish to install Joomla.
- In Directory : This is the option to choose the directory where Joomla will be installed. For example, to have Joomla installed in a folder called 'dir', type dir in the text box. To have Joomla installed only on the domain, leave the field blank.
- Database Name : This option allows you to choose the name of the Joomla database. Default content will be included in this, you may leave it as this content or rename it.
- Password : Type in a password you will use to access your Joomla Administrator Dashboard. This password is very important to remember. If you lose this password, you will have to reinstall Joomla.
- Site Name : This option allows you to type in the name of your site.
- Site Description : This option is used to input a short description of your website.
- Table Prefix : This option allows you to change the prefix of your table. This settings is for more advanced users and it is advisable to leave it as-is.
- Import Sample Data : This option allows you to select whether or not Joomla will be installed with sample data given by Joomla.
- Admin Username : This is where the Joomla administrative username is selected. Joomla is managed through a separate control panel, this information will be used to access that control panel.
- Admin Password : This is where the Joomla password is selected. It is used in conjunction with the username above to access the Joomla control panel.
- Real Name : Input your real name here.
- Admin E-mail : This address will be used should the Joomla login information be lost.
- E-mail installation details to (optional): Fill this box with the e-mail address where you would like detailed information regarding the installation sent.